Applications for Summer 2023 open on November 1, 2022.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
A common application allows you to apply to either site or BOTH sites
What the Program Offers
- A $6,500 stipend
- Summer housing
- Travel assistance
- Social activities (Cardinals/Phillies baseball, outings in the city, cook-outs on campus)
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident
- Part-time or Full-time enrollment in baccalaureate or associate degree program OR
- In the process of transferring between such a program at two institutions
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
You will be required to upload the following documents as PDF files:
- A one-page resume (file name format: Lastname_Firstname_RESUME.pdf)
- Transcript (file name format: Lastname_Firstname_TRANSCRIPT.pdf)
- A one-page statement of research interest (file name format: Lastname_Firstname_STATEMENT.pdf)
Research Statement (1-page limit): Briefly describe your interest in research at the CEMB (Why are you interested in mechanobiology research? Are there particular faculty with whom you would like to work and why?) Describe any prior experiences conducting supervised research and what your plans are after graduating.
Letters of Recommendation (1 required): Invitations will be sent to letter writers you identify through the Interfolio system. Your best letters will be from faculty mentors/advisors, previous (or current) course instructors, and previous (or current) research supervisors. Individuals should be able to speak to your academic achievements and abilities, as well as personal characteristics and professional promise. Letters of recommendation (PDF files only) must be uploaded directly to the Interfolio system by each letter writer.